您现在的位置: 方向标英语网 >> 英语学习方法 >> 英语阅读 >> 文章正文
英语搜索:
 
 最新英语            more>>
 推荐英语            more>>
 热门英语            more>>

Better Left Unsaid最好不说

作者:stephen    文章来源:方向标英语网    点击数:    更新时间:2010-4-1 【我来说两句


I must admit I've come to the conclusion that some things are better left unsaid.
我必须承认我得到的结论是:有些事情最好留着不说。
Honesty is a fine policy as long as we know what the truth really is -- but most of the time we don't.
诚实是一种美好的计策,只要我们知道真正什么是真实 -- 但我们大多数时候并不知道。
It's a fine goal to encourage children to express their real feelings.
鼓励小孩子表达真正的感情是一种美好的目标。
And many marriages have been saved by an open confrontation of deep and painful misunderstandings.
有许多婚姻曾经因为公开面对又深又痛苦的误解而得救。
But we need a new sense of balance.
但我们需要一种新的平衡感。
Disclosure is not a panacea for every problem nor even an end in itself.
吐露不是每个问题的万灵丹,甚至本身也不是目的。
It's useful and freeing under some circumstances and terribly hurtful and damaging under others.
它在某些情况下是有用的,而且是令人感到解脱的;但在某些情况下,它是非常有害而有损害性的。
It's a good idea, I think, to bite your tongue for ten or fifteen minutes before saying what's on your mind.
我想,在说出你的心事之前,先把舌头咬住十或十五分钟,这是个好主意。
Try to decide whether it's going to open up new and better avenues of communication or leave wounds that may
 never heal.
设法决定打开新而又较好的沟通管道,或留下绝对不能痊愈的伤口。

上一页  [1] [2] 

已有很多网友发表了看法,点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂,点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页

  • 上一篇文章:
  • 下一篇文章:
  •  英语图片文章                                          more>>