您现在的位置: 方向标英语网 >> 英语学习方法 >> 英语阅读 >> 文章正文
英语搜索:
 
 最新英语            more>>
 推荐英语            more>>
 热门英语            more>>

A Seven-dollar Dream七块钱的梦

作者:stephen    文章来源:方向标英语网    点击数:    更新时间:2010-4-1 【我来说两句


Laying aside the paper, I murmured, "I must find my violin."
把报纸放在一边,我低声地说:「我必须找到我的小提琴。」
I discovered the case deep in the recesses of my closet.
我发现盒子深藏在储藏室的角落。
Opening the lid, I lifted the violin from where it nestled on the rose-velvet lining.
打开盖子,我把小提琴由它所在的玫瑰色天鹅绒的衬里上拿起来。
My fingers caressed its golden wood.
我的手抚摸它的金黄色的木头。
I tuned the strings, miraculously still intact, tightened the bow, and put rosin on the dry horsehairs.
我调一调琴弦的音,奇迹般地仍然完美如初,再拉紧琴弓,然后把干燥的马鬃涂上松香油。
And then my violin began to sing again those favorite tunes that had never left my memory.
然后我的小提琴又开始响起了从未离开我的记忆的那些我最爱的曲子。
How long I played I'll never know.
我演奏了多久,我不知道。
I thought of Daddy, who did all he could to fill my needs and desires when I was a little girl.
我想到父亲,他在我是小女孩时,尽一切可能来满足我的需求和欲望。
I wondered if I had ever thanked him.
我不知道我是否曾经感激过他。
At last I laid the violin back in its case.
最后,我把小提琴放回到盒子里。
I picked up the newspaper, walked to the phone and dialed the number.
我捡起报纸,走向电话,接着拨电话号码。
Later in the day, an old car stopped in my driveway.
这天稍晚的时候,有一辆老旧的车子停在我的车道上。
A man in his 30s knocked on the door.
有一个三十几岁的人敲门。
"I've been praying someone would answer my ad. My daughter wants a violin so badly," he said, examining my
 instrument. "How much are you asking?"
「我一直祈祷有人会回复我的广告。我女儿很迫切需要一把小提琴。」他说着,(同时)检查着我的乐器。「你要多少钱?」
Any music store, I knew, would offer me a nice sum.
任何乐器行,我知道,都会开出一笔好价钱给我。
But now I heard my voice answer, "Seven dollars."
但现在我听到我的声音回答说:「七块钱。」
"Are you sure?" he asked, reminding me so much of Daddy.
「你确定吗?」他这一问很使我想起父亲。
"Seven dollars," I repeated, and then added, "I hope your little girl will enjoy it as much as I did."
「七块钱,」我重复地说,而且补充说:「我希望你的小女儿会像我一样喜欢它。」

 

上一页  [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] 下一页

已有很多网友发表了看法,点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂,点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页

  • 上一篇文章:
  • 下一篇文章:
  •  英语图片文章                                          more>>