您现在的位置: 方向标英语网 >> 英语学习方法 >> 英语阅读 >> 文章正文
英语搜索:
 
 最新英语            more>>
 推荐英语            more>>
 热门英语            more>>

Information Please询问处

作者:stephen    文章来源:方向标英语网    点击数:    更新时间:2010-4-1 【我来说两句


"Isn't your mother home?" came the question.
「你妈妈不在家吗?」问话来了。
"Nobody's home but me," I wept.
「除了我没有人在家,」我哭泣着。
"Are you bleeding?"
「你流血吗?」
"No," I replied. "I hit it with the hammer and it hurts."
「没有,」我回答。「我被槌子打到,而且很痛。」
"Can you open your icebox?" I said I could.
「你会打开冰箱吗?」我说我会。
"Then chip off a little piece of ice and hold it on your finger. That will stop the hurt. Be careful when you use the
  ice pick," she admonished."And don't cry. You'll be all right."
「然后就切一小块冰放在手指头上。那会止痛的。使用冰凿的时候要小心,」她警告说。「不要哭。你会没事的。」
After that, I called Information Please for everything.
那件事之后,我向询问处查问一切的事情。
I asked her for help with my geography and my arithmetic, and she told me that my pet chipmunk -- I had caught in the
  park just the day before -- would eat fruit and nuts.
我请她帮忙做地理和算术,而且她告诉我说我那只心爱的金花鼠 -- 就是前一天我在公园里抓到的 -- 要吃水果和坚果。
And there was a time that our pet canary died. I called Information Please and told her the sad story.
我心爱的金丝雀死的时候,我打电话给询问处而且告诉她这个伤心的故事。
She listened, then said the usual things grown-ups say to comfort a child.
她听了,然后说一些平常大人说来安慰小孩的话。
But I was not consoled: why was it that birds should sing so beautifully and bring joy to whole families, only to end
  up as a heap of feathers, feet up, on the bottom of a cage?
但我并不感到安慰:为什么歌唱得这么美而又带给全家人快乐的小鸟,却在笼子底下,两脚朝天变成一堆羽毛而结束了生命?
She must have sensed my deep concern, for she said quietly, "Paul, always remember that there are other worlds to sing
  in."
她一定感觉到我深挚的关怀,因为她安详地说:「保罗,始终记住还有别的世界可以唱歌。」
Somehow I felt better.
不知怎地,我感到好多了。
Another day I was at the telephone. "Information," said the now familiar voice.
另外有一天,我在电话旁边,「询问处,」那时听起来很熟悉的声音说着。
"How do you spell fix?" I asked.
「怎么拼写fix?」我问。
"Fix something? F-i-x."
「装修某种东西?F-i-x。」
At that instant my sister, who took unholy joy in scaring me, jumped off the stairs at me with a shriek.Yaaaaaaaaaa!
在那一片刻,我的姊姊以吓我而得到不可理喻的快乐,尖叫一声「呀 --!」由楼梯冲着我跳过来。

 

上一页  [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 下一页

已有很多网友发表了看法,点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂,点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页

  • 上一篇文章:
  • 下一篇文章:
  •  英语图片文章                                          more>>