您现在的位置: 方向标英语网 >> 英语学习方法 >> 英语阅读 >> 文章正文
英语搜索:
 
 最新英语            more>>
 推荐英语            more>>
 热门英语            more>>

Information Please询问处

作者:stephen    文章来源:方向标英语网    点击数:    更新时间:2010-4-1 【我来说两句


"Good-by, Sally." It sounded strange for Information Please to have a name. "If I run into any chipmunks, I'll tell
 them to eat fruit and nuts."
「再见,莎莉。」询问处有名字,这听起来很奇怪。「如果我碰见任何的金花鼠,我会叫它们吃水果和坚果。」
"Do that," she said. "Well, take good care, good-by."
「就那样办吧,」她说。「哦,好好照顾自己,再见。」
Just three months later I was back again at the Seattle airport.
就在三个月之后,我又回到了西雅图的飞机场。
A different voice answered, "Information," and I asked for Sally.
一种不同的声音回答说:「询问处,」而我说要找莎莉。
"Are you a friend?"
「你是她的朋友?」
"Yes," I said. "An old friend."
「是的,」我说。「是老朋友。」
"Then I'm sorry to have to tell you. Sally had only been working part-time in the last few years because she was
 ill. She died five weeks ago."
「那我要很遗憾地告诉你。莎莉在过去这几年一直是兼职工,因为她有病。五个星期前她去世了。」
"But before I could hang up, she said, "Wait a minute. Did you say your name was Villiard?"
在我能够挂电话之前,她说:「等一下。你说你的名字是维拉德吗?」
"Yes."
「是的。」
"Well, Sally left a message for you. She wrote it down."
「哦,莎莉留了话给你。她把它写下来了。」
"What was it?" I asked, almost knowing in advance what it would be.
「是什么话?」我问,几乎事先就知道那会是什么话。
"Here it is, I'll read it -- Tell him I still say there are other worlds to sing in. He'll know what I mean."
「在这里我把它念出来 -- 告诉他,我仍然说有其他的世界可以唱歌。他会知道我的意思。」
I thanked her and hung up.
我谢谢她,挂了电话。
I did know what Sally meant.
我的确知道莎莉的意思是什么。

上一页  [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

已有很多网友发表了看法,点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂,点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页

  • 上一篇文章:
  • 下一篇文章:
  •  英语图片文章                                          more>>