您现在的位置: 方向标英语网 >> 英语学习方法 >> 英语阅读 >> 文章正文
英语搜索:
 
 最新英语            more>>
 推荐英语            more>>
 热门英语            more>>

View Behind The Front Desk柜台所见

作者:stephen    文章来源:方向标英语网    点击数:    更新时间:2010-4-1 【我来说两句


The first time Mr. Walters stayed here, the hotel staff was scared to death. He seems more like a military officer
 than a business executive.
华德斯先生第一次住在这儿的时候,饭店的工作人员都怕得要死,他似乎比较像一个军官,而不像一个商业行政主管。
Mr. Walters: Send the barber up to my room. I need to have my hair cut. I need a shave, too.
华德斯先生:叫理发师到我房间来,我需要理发,也要修脸。
Have someone pick up the suit I left on the sofa.
叫人把我留在沙发上的西装拿走。
I must have it cleaned and pressed for this evening.
我一定要它洗干净而且烫平,以备晚上之用。
Desk Clerk: Right away, Mr. Walters.
接待员:马上办,华德斯先生。
Mr. Walters never smiles.
华德斯先生从来不笑。
You might think that he is an unkind person, but you would be wrong.
你可能会以为他是不友善的人,但你错了。
Last April, Frederick, one of our cooks, became ill.
去年四月费德力克,我们的一个厨子,病了。
When he was in hospital, he received a note and a generous gift from Mr. Walters.
当他在医院的时候,收到了华德斯先生的一封短信还有一份很丰富的礼物。
Everyone here likes Mr. Walters very much, but we never show it. It would embarrass him.
这里的每一个人都很喜欢华德斯先生,但是我们从不表现出来,那会使他觉得很尴尬。
Look over there. Those are the Sweeneys.
看看那边。那是斯威尼夫妇。
They're newlyweds on their honeymoon.
他们是新婚,在度蜜月。
They're staying in our honeymoon suite.
他们住我们的蜜月套房。
Here comes Mr. Sweeney.
斯威尼先生过来了。
Mr. Sweeney: Hello. Could you do me a favor, please?
斯威尼先生:你好,请帮个忙好吗?
Desk Clerk: Of course, sir. What would you like?
接待员:当然好的,先生,你要我做什么?
Mr. Sweeney: My wife and I are going to the theater this afternoon.
斯威尼先生:我太太和我今天下午要去看戏。
While we're out, please have the florist send up a dozen roses to our suite.
当我们出去的时候,请叫花商送一打玫瑰到我们的套房。
I want it to be a surprise.
我想要来一个惊喜。
Desk Clerk: I will be happy to do it, sir. What time will you be returning?
接待员:先生,我很乐意这么做,你们什么时候回来?

 

上一页  [1] [2] [3] [4] 下一页

已有很多网友发表了看法,点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂,点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页

  • 上一篇文章:
  • 下一篇文章: 没有了
  •  英语图片文章                                          more>>