您现在的位置: 方向标英语网 >> 行业英语 >> 职场社交英语 >> 文章正文
英语搜索:
 
 最新英语            more>>
 推荐英语            more>>
 热门英语            more>>

16、我不敢居功Can't take the credit

作者:stephen    文章来源:方向标英语网    点击数:    更新时间:2010-1-24 【我来说两句

艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现

Mary: Are you Elvin?

玛莉: 你是艾文吗?

Elvin: Elvin Dixon. Who are you?

艾文: 艾文迪克森。你是谁?

Mary: I'm Mary. I want to say I really 1) admire the software you're designed.

玛莉: 我是玛莉。我真的很欣赏你设计的软件。

Elvin: Easy stuff. But thanks. And the 1)admiration is 2) mutual.

艾文: 简单的玩意。不过还是谢了。这份欣赏是彼此彼此。

Mary: It is?

玛莉: 真的?

Elvin: You're selling InfoKing 3) subscriptions like nobody's business. And we don't even have a working 4) demo yet.

艾文: 你把“资讯王”的订阅卖得如入无人之境。 而我们甚至连能用的样品都还没着落呢。

Mary: I can't take the credit for that. I'm just Zina's assistant. She's the 5) pro.

玛莉: 我不敢居功。我只是吉娜的助手。她才是高手。

-----------------------------------------------------------------

语言详解

A: Here's a demo of our product.

这是我们产品的样品。

B: Thank you. I'll take a look at it and get back in touch with you.

谢谢。我看过之后再联络你。

【like nobody's business 如入无人之境】

like nobody's business可以用来表达“无人能出其右”,形容此人相当有一手:

A: They play the blues like nobody's business.

他们演奏蓝调的技巧无人能敌。

B: I have to go and see them.

我一定要去看看他们。

 

[1] [2] 下一页

已有很多网友发表了看法,点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂,点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页

  • 上一篇文章:
  • 下一篇文章:
  •  英语图片文章                                          more>>