Tom grows the nicest vegetables and fruits and the most beautiful flowers in the village. Plants grow in Tom's garden all through the __1__ and they are much __2__.
Tom cuts some flowers for his sitting room table, eats some fruits and vegetables, but he __3__ most of them in the market. His vegetables, fruit and flowers are so __4__ and beautiful that they sold much more __5__ in the market than those of other villagers.
How does Tom grow these beautiful things? He is so __6__ that he just sits under his orange tree with his radio.
He __7__ the music all day.
That is quite true. Tom __8__ things in spring, summer, autumn and winter. After that he sits with his radio. And everything __9__. It is the music that does the work. Tom knows more clearly that music makes the biggest vegetables and the most beautiful flowers. Plants love __10__ as much as people.
1. A. week B. month C. season D. year
2. A. better B. worse C. less D. later
3. A. buys B. sells C. borrows D. lends
4. A. dear B. bad C. big D. small
5. A. politely B. quickly C. slowly D. carefully
6. A. angry B. busy C. tired D. lazy
7. A. listens to B. hears C. watches D. speaks
8. A. fills B. plants C. throws D. makes
9. A. does B. moves C. grows D. plays
10.A. work B. rain C. stories D. music
7. A。表示听音乐这一动作应用listen to 。
For several years, Americans have enjoyed teleshopping-watching TV and buying things by phone. Now teleshopping is starting in Europe. In some __1__ countries, people can turn on their __2__ and shop for clothes, jewelry, food, toys and __3__ things.
Teleshopping is becoming popular in Sweden. __4__, the biggest Swedish company sells different kinds of things on TV in fifteen European countries, and in one year, it makes $10 million. In France, there are two teleshopping channels, and the French __5__ about $ 20 million a year in buying things through those channels.
In Germany, __6__ last year teleshopping was only possible on one channel for one hour every day. Then the government allowed more teleshopping. Other channels can __7__ for telebusiness, including the largest American teleshopping company and a 24-hour teleshopping company. German __8__ are hoping these will help them sell more things.
Some people like teleshopping because it allows them to do their shopping without __9__. With all the traffic problems in cities, going shopping is not an easy thing. But at the same time, other Europeans __10__ like this new way of buying things. They call __11__ "junk on the air." Many Europeans usually worry about the quality of the things __12__ on TV. They think high quality is the most important thing, and they don't believe they can be sure about the quality of the things __13__.
The need of high quality means that European teleshopping companies will have to be __14__ the American companies. They will have to be more careful about __15__ of the things they sell. They will also have to work harder to sell things that the buyers cannot touch or see by themselves.
1. A. European B. Asian C. American D. African
2. A. lights B. switches C. radios D. TVs
3. A. some else B. another many C. the other D. many other
4. A. Such as B. For example C. For teleshopping D. It is like
5. A. takes B. cost C. spends D. spend
6. A. to B. until C. unless D. by
7. A. begin B. leave C. open D. turn on
8. A. people B. women C. businessmen D. officials
9. A. to go out B. going out C. to buy things D. buying things
10. A. still B. don't C. even D. won't
11. A. teleshopping B. TV C. radio D. telephone
12. A. appearing B. coming out C. for sale D. to buy
13. A. in the shop B. on TV C. they bought D. by this way
14. A. the same with B. different from C. as big as D. larger than
15. A. the number B. the quality C. the places D. the buyers
2. D。电话购物法,应通过看电视选择物品，然后电话订购, 故应选TVs。
3. D。else为副词不用来修饰名词作定语。the other things意为"别的所有商品"不合文意，选项many other things意为"别的许多商品"为正确选项。
4. B。such as中的as为介词，因此该词组用于列举时，后面常直接接名词或名词性短语。而for example用于列举时与后面例子常用逗号隔开。因此B为正确选项。
5. D。分析句子，不难发现本句使用了"spend money in dong something"这一结构，且主语the French为第三人称复数，故应用spend的原形。
6. B。该句子表示"在德国，每天电话购物法仅在一个频道播放一个小时，这种情况一直持续到去年"，表示某状态一直持续到某个点时间，应用"until + 点时间"。
9. B。without为介词。后面应跟动词的-ing形式。根据文意，going out应为正确选项。
12. C。人们担心的是电视上正在销售的产品的质量。A，B意思不对。for sale表示"待售"，为正确选项。
13. B。电话购物法令人们担心的是电视上展销的商品的质量，而不是商店里的商品，也不是已经买到手的商品。故选on TV。
14. B。根据上文，欧洲人的购物观念与美国人有所不同。因此电话购物公司也得采取不同的措施。固定结构be different form意为"不同于……"为正确答案。