1. I’m sorry I have no idea ___
a. what does this word mean b. what’s the meaning of this word
c. what this word means d. what meaning of this word
2. _____ is known that she is a famous doctor. a. That b. This c. It d. She
3. The reason for his absence was____ his mother was ill.
a. because b. that c. why d. what
4. I haven’t seen you for ages. Can you tell me ___?
a. where have you b. where you have gone c. where have you been d. where you have been
5. ____ we will have a good harvest this year is still unknown.
a. If b. That c. Which d. Whether
6. _____ wasn’t’ quite clear.
a. Why did she do it b. Why she did it c. What did she do d. What she did it
7. ____ do you think is the top student in your class ? a. Whom b. Who c. Whose d. Which
8. ___ might do harm to other people .
a. That you have done b. What you have done c. What have you done d. Which have you done
9. ____ gets home first starts cooking. a. Anyone b. Whoever c. Who d. Those
10. Is this ___ looking for ?
a. what are you b. what you are c. that were you d. that you were
11. I’ll give this book to ____likes to have it . a. whomever b. whichever c. whatever d. whoever
12. His idea ____ we should finish the work ahead of time was accepted.
a. that b. whether c. if d. which
13. This is all ____ our teacher explained to us in class. a. what b. that c. which d. of
14. I want to know ___
a. where are the experimental plots? b. where are the experimental plots?
b. where the experimental plots are? d. where the experimental plots are .
15. The thing to do is ____ everyone is doing here .
a. the thing what b. which the thing c. which d. what
16. It doesn’t matter____ today or tomorrow.
a. whether you come b. how you come c. when you come d. why you come
17. After graduation she asked to be sent to ____
a. where she was mostly needed b. where she was most needed
c. where was she needed d. where she needed
18. I don’t know if she ___ tomorrow ; if he ___, I’ll let you know .
a. comes , will come b. will come , will come c. will come , comes d. comes , comes
19.____ happens , don’t be afraid. a. What b. Anything c. Which d. Whatever
21. He didn’t pass the exam , ____ hard he had tried. a. how b. whatever c. however d. wherever
22. She did live far from ___ I am living . a. the place that b. the place which c. where d. the place
23. It worried her a bit ___ her hair was turning grey. a. while b. if c. that d. for
24. ____ he is a millionaire is known to all in the city . a. Since b. Because c. That d. /
25. ____ the 2008 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing is known to all .
a. Whenever b. That c. If d. Whether
26. the reason why I burst into tears is ___ I’m unwilling to part with my parents .
a. that b. because c. which d. /
27. The problem lies ____ I have no money . a. that b. in that c. in the fact d. in the fact that
28. I want to know ___ do to convince him . a. what can I b. how can I c. which I can d. what I can
29. ____ comes back first is supposed to win the prize. a. Whoever b. The one c. Those who d. Anyone
30. The old gentleman never fails to help ____ is in need of his help .
a. who b. whoever c. whomever d. whom
31. I don’t remember ___ she said . a. when b. what c. where d. that
32. Robert came here to look for someone , but I didn’t know ___ was the one he was looking for .
a. whomever b. who c. whoever d. whom
33. ____ puzzled the police was how he murderer had died.
a. What b. The thing c. Which d. That
34. It seems ____ she is different from ____ she used to be .
a. that , that b. that , what c. what , that d. what , what
35. You can depend on ____ promise he makes .
a. anything b . which c. whose d. whatever
36. _____ is worth doing well .
a. Whatever is worth doing at all b. That is worth doing at all
c. What is worth doing it at all d. Whatever is worth doing it at all
37. A man’s worth lies not so much in ___ he has as in ___ he is .
a. that , that b. that , what c. what , that d. what , what
38. Give it to ___ you think can do the job well. a. whoever b. whomever c. who d. whom
39. Who ___ knows him would believe him ? a. that b. which c. those d. who
40. Keep away from such things ___ will do you harm . a. as b. that c. which d. what
41. No matter ___ hard it may be , I will carry it out . a. what b. how c. however d. whatever
42. This is ___ she means . a. that b. which c. what d. it
43. he asked me ___- I would ho . a. that b. which c. whom d. if
44. I know ___ he is an honest boy. a. what b. that c. which d. who
45. _____ she is late is evident. a. What b. That c. Whom d. If
46. I doubt ___ it will rain this evening . a. about b. whether c. what d. why
47. I have no doubt ___ she will be on time . a. whether b. if c. that d. how
48. ___ the earth is round is known to everybody . a. That b. This c. Why d. When
49. It makes no difference to me ____ he will come or not . a. why b. whether c. how d. when
50. I was excited at the news ____our team had won the game . a. of b. why c . as d. that
51. The subject of the sentence “What is interesting is that I do not even know him.” is _____
a. what b. interesting c. what is interesting d. I
52. ____? I think she is Ms Smith.
a. Whom do you think she is b. Who do you think she is
c. Do you think who she is d. Who you think she is
53. Do you remember where ___ my watch ?
a. had I b. I had put c. did I put d. had I put
54. The problem ____ overworking all day long will harm his health.
a. is b. is that c. is which d. that
55. The old man asked Henry ___New York next month.
a. whether he will go to b. whether he is going to
c. whether he would go to d. whether would he go to
55. Sam ___ he could improve his test scores , but he did not have enough time to study.
a. knew how b. knew how that c. knew to d. knew how to
56.The whole family were worried about Rose because no one was aware ___ she had gone .
a. where that b. of where c. the place where d. the place
57. I wonder how many years ago ____.
a. did your father retire b. has your father retired
c. your father has retired d. your father retired
58. Never be ashamed to ask about ___
a. that don’t you understand b. what don’t you understand
c. that you don’t understand c. what you don’t understand
59. This is a nice—looking car . I wonder___
a. it belongs to whom b. whom does it belong to
c. whom it belongs to d. to whom does it belong
60. ___ or not you can succeed depends on __you can stick to the end .
a. whether, how b. whether, whether c. if, whether d. if , if 【已有很多网友发表了看法，点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂，点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页】