1. Ann is so careful that she always goes over her exercises to _______________there are no mistakes.
A. look for B. make sure C. find out D. think about
2. --- Which of the two English dictionaries will you buy?
--- I'll buy _________ of them, so I can give one to my friend, Hellen.
A. either B. neither C. all D. both
3. He __________ two thousand trees since 1985.
A. plants B. planted C. will plant D. has planted
4. ___________ you free last night?
A. Were B. Was C. Are D. Do
5. --- Dad, when will you be free? You agreed to go to the seaside with me four days ago.
--- I am sorry, Jean. But I think I will have a _____________holiday soon.
A. four-days B. four-day C. four days D. four day
6. In the bookshop, a reader asked the shopkeeper ____________Who Moved My Cheese was an interesting book.
A. that B. how C. what D. if
7. ___________comes from cows.
A. Wool B. Chicken C. Pork D. Milk
8. Which of the following does paper burn in?
A. CO2 B. N2 C. O2 D. He
9. Today, the forests have almost gone. People must ___________down too many trees.
A. stop to cut B. stop from cutting
C. be stopped to cut D. be stopped from cutting
10. --- You must come back every month.
--- Yes, I __________________.
A. will B. must C. should D. can
11. The doctor did what he could _________________that child.
A. save B. to save C. saved D. saving
12. --- Can you guess if they _____________to play basketball with us?
--- I think they'll come if they _______________tree.
A. come; are B. will come; will be
C. will come; are D. come; will be
13. I will tell you how to get to the place; you'd better _____________it __________.
A. try; on B. get; off C. take; down D. pick; up
14. --- Ann has gone to Shanghai.
--- So _____________her parents.
A. do B. had C. did D. have
15. --- How long can I ______________these books?
A. borrow B. lend C. keep D. buy
16. It takes us _________hour or more to go to my hometown by ________train.
A. an; a B. a; an C. an; 不填 D. a; 不填
17. Lucy tried her best to find a good job in the city, but she had no _________.
A. trouble B. idea C. luck D. time
18. There are three _______________students in the school.
A. thousands B. thousands of C. thousand of D. thousand
19. I have to speak to my grandpa loudly because there's ___________with his ears.
A. wrong something B. something wrong
C. anything wrong D. nothing wrong
20.--- I've had enough bread. Would you like_____________?
--- No thanks.
A. a few more B. one more C. another more D. some more
21. I'm old enough to wash _________clothes by myself. You can just wash ______.
A. my, your B. mine, yours C. my, yours D. your, my
22. The father wished the twins to be doctors, but __________of them liked to study medicine.
A. both B. neither C. either D. none
23. Now Helen works ______________than before.
A. more carefully B. more careful C. much careful D. much carefully
24. We are doing much better __________English ________our teacher's help.
A. in, at B. at, in C. in, with D. with, with
25. If you like the chicken, you may have as_____________as you can.
A. much B. many C. more D. little
26. --- Mum, Bill is coming to dinner this evening.
--- OK. Let's give him _____________to eat.
A. something different B. different anything
C. anything different D. different something
27. The letter is ___________in French. I cannot read it.
A. writing B. written C. wrote D. writes
28. --- Your spoken English is much better.
--- Thank you. My teacher often asks us ___________English as __________as possible.
A. to speak, many B. not to speak, much
C. to speak, much D. not to speak, more
29. It's getting dark. Please ______________the light.
A. turn off B. turn on C. turn down D. turn up
30. Martin is good at fishing, ________________?
A. is he B. does he C. isn't he D. doesn't he
31. -- Do you know him well?
--- Sure. We _____________friends since ten years ago.
A. were B. have been C. have become D. have made
32. Cars and buses ___________stop when the traffic lights turn red.
A. can B. need C. may D. must
33. John fell asleep _____________he was listening to the music.
A. after B. before C. while D. as soon as
34. --- May I speak to John?
--- Sorry, he ____________Japan. But he _________in two days.
A. has been to, will come back B. has gone to, will be back
C. has been in, would come back D. has gone to, won't cone back
35. --- Do you know __________________?
--- They moved here soon after their son was born.
A. when would the Greens move here B. when the Greens moved here
C. the Greens would move here D. when the Greens would move here
36. Your bedroom is very big, but ___________is rather small.
A. she B. Jane C. her D. hers
37. _____________book on the desk is___________ useful one.
A.The; an B.A; a C.The; a D.The; /
38. --- When was our Party founded?
--- It was founded _________________.
A.on October 1,1949 B.in May, 1922
C.on July 1,1921 D.in August, 1927
39. This maths problem is____________ and I can do it_____________ .
A.easy; easily B.easily; easily C.easy; easy D.easily; easy
40. --- They are thirsty. Will you please give them_____________ ?
A.some bottles of waters B.some bottles of water
C.some bottle of water D.some bottle of waters
41. There is still a little orange here, but_____________ people want to drink it.
A.little B.a little C.few D.a few
42. Mr. Yu gave some new words to Lucy and asked her to_____________ on the blackboard.
A.write it down B.write them down
C.write down it D.write down them
43. --- Must I finish my homework now?
--- No, you__________ .You may have a rest first.
A.mustn't B.can't C.may not D.needn't
44. --- When did you go to bed last night?
--- I didn't go bed ____________my father got home.
A.until B.while C.after D.when
45. --- Does you sister remember to return the library book today?
--- Oh, yes. Thank you. She's_______________ it for two weeks.
A.kept B.had C.borrowed D.keeping
46. The teacher told Xiao Ming_______________ late for school again.
A.not to be B.not be C.don't be D.not to
47. Could you tell me__________________ ?
A.where does Li Lei work B.where did Li Lei work
C.where Li Lei works D.where Li Lei worked
48. --- Jone could swim when she was only four years old.
--- ______________clever the girl was!
A.How B.What a C.What D.How a
49. --- Where's Tom now?
--- He________________ the post office.
A.has been to B.has gone to C.went to D.goes to
50. --- Hi, Kate. We're going to help Grandma Li with her housework this Saturday afternoon.
A.So I am B.So do I C.So I do D.So am I
1.B 2.D 3.D 4.A 5.B 6.D 7.D 8.C 9.D 10.A 11.B 12.C 13.C 14.D 15.C 16.C 17.C 18.D 19.B 20.D 21.C 22.B 23.A 24.C 25.B 26.A 27.B 28.C 29.B 30.C 31.B 32.D 33. C 34.B35.A 36.D 37.C 38.C 39.A 40.B 41.C 42.B 43.D 44.A 45.A 46.A 47.C 48.A 49.B 50.D 【已有很多网友发表了看法，点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂，点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页】