I. Listening Comprehension
II. Grammar and Vocabulary
Directions: Beneath each of the following sentences there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence.
25. Sean has formed the habit of jogging the tree-lined avenue for two hours every day.
A. between B. along C. below D. with
26. It took us quite a long time to get to the amusement park. It was journey.
A. three hour B. a three-hours C. a three-hour D. three hours
27. If our parents do everything for us children, we won't learn to depend on
A. themselves B. them C. us D. ourselves
解析：主语为we，因此应为ourselves. depend on oneself:自力更生。根据句意，选D。
28. Every few years, the coal workers their lungs X-rayed to ensure their health.
A. are having B. have C. have had D. had had
解析：根据时间状语every few years,可判断本句应为一般现在时，因此答案选B。
29. ---Sorry, Professor Smith. I didn't finish the assignment yesterday.
---Oh, you have done it as yesterday was the deadline.
A. must B. mustn't C. should D. shouldn't
解析：此处表示和过去事实相反的情况，应该用should + have + 过去分词。本来应该做，而未做
30. In ancient times, people rarely travelled long distances and most farmers only travelled the local market.
A. longer than B. more than C. as much as D. as far as
解析：根据动词travel可判断此处应填关于路程的介词词组，本题即为as far as。as far as远到...
31. The church tower which will be open to tourists soon. The work is almost finished.
A. has restored B. has been restored C. is restoring D. is being restored
32. I had great difficulty the suitable food on the menu in that restaurant.
A. find B. found C. to find D. finding
解析：have difficulty (in) doing sth.做某事有困难。
33. Lucy has a great sense of humor and always keeps her colleagues with her stories.
A. amused B. amusing C. to amuse D. to be amused
解析：keep+sb. /sth. +done,根据句意，sb.与它后面的动词成被动关系，故选A.
34. you may have, you should gather your courage to face the challenge.
A. However a serious problem B. What a serious problem
C. However serious a problem D. What serious a problem
解析：根据句意“无论你有多么严重的问题，你都应该鼓起勇气面对挑战”，而however表让步时其顺序应是：however + 形容词 + 主语 + 谓语。
however做连接副词，相当于no matter how,后接形容词或副词，意为“无论、不管” ，引导让步状语从句，其序为“however+形容词、副词+主语+谓语”。
35. the city center, we saw a stone statue of about 10 meters in height.
A. Approaching B. Approached C. To approach D. To be approached
36. One reason for her preference for city life is she can have easy access to places like shops and restaurants.
A. that B. how C. what D. why
37. When changing lanes, a driver should use his turning signal to let other drivers know .
A. he is entering which lane B. which lane he is entering
C. is he entering which lane D. which lane is he entering
38. Wind power is an ancient source of energy we may return in the near future.
A. on which B. by which C. to which D. from which
解析：考察介词+which的用法。=Wind power is an ancient source of energy which\that
we may return to in the near future.
39. our manage objects to Tom's joining the club, we shall accept him as a member.
A. Until B. Unless C. If D. After
40. Thai is the only way we can imagine the overuse of water in students' bathrooms.
A. reducing B. to reduce C. reduced D. reduce
解析：此处应该用不定式the way to do sth表示做……的途径、方式。the only way to do……,we can imagine 做定语，前面省略了that.
Directions: Complete the following passage by using the words in the box. Each word can only be used once. Note that there is one word more than you need.
A. additional B. producing C. regular D. predicted E. identified
E atmosphere G. matched H. reducing I. carried J. increase
Forests in the northern half of the globe could be growing faster now than they were 200 years ago as a result of climate change, according to a study of trees in eastern America.
The trees appear to have faster growth rates due to longer growing seasons and higher concentrations (浓度) of carbon dioxide in the ___41___.
Geoffrey Parker, a scientist at the Smithsonian Environmental Research Centre in Edgewater. Maryland, said that the increase in the rate of growth was unexpected and might be ___42___ to the higher temperatures and longer growing seasons documented in the region. The growth may also be influenced by the significant ___43___ in atmospheric CO2, he said.
"We made a list of reasons these forests could be growing faster and then excluded half of them, " Dr. Parker said. Their study suggests that northern forests may become increasingly important in ___44___ the influence of man-made CO2 on the climate.
Dr. Parker and his colleagues have ___45___ out a detailed record of the trees on a(n) ___46___ basis since 1987. They calculated that due to the global warming the forest is producing ___47___ tons of wood each year.
The scientists ___48___ the land with trees at different stages of growth and found that both young and old trees were showing increased growth rate. More than 90 per cent of the tree groups had grown by between two and four times faster than the scientists had ___49___ from estimates of the long-term rates of growth.
【解析】41. F. 此句意思是大气中二氧化碳的浓度加深。
43. J. 大气中二氧化碳的增加用increase。
44. H. 根据常识，森林的增加有助于减少二氧化碳对天气的影响。
45. I. carry out 实行，实施。
46. C. on a regular basis: 定期的
47. A. 根据文章大意，可知此处应是产生额外的(additional)木材。
     下一页 【已有很多网友发表了看法，点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂，点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页】