Passage 1 (2010·江苏卷) 完形填空
Another person’s enthusiasm was what set me moving toward the success I have achieved.That person was my stepmother.
I was nine years old when she enterd our home in rural Virginia. My father__36__me to her with these words:“I would like you to meet the fellow who is___37___ for being the worst boy in this county and will probably start throwing rocks at you no ___38___than tomorrow morning.”
My stepmother walked over to me, ___39___ my head slightly upward,and looked me right in the eye.Then she looked at my father and replied,“You are ___40___.This is not the worst boy at all, ___41___ the smartest one who hasn’t yet found an outlet（释放的途径）for his enthusiasm.”
That statement began a(n) ___42___between us.No one had ever called me smart,My family and neighbors had built me up in my ___43___ as a bad boy . My stepmother changed all that.
She changed many things.She ___44___ my father to go to a dental school,from which he graduated with honors.She moved our family into the county srat,where my father’s career could be more ___45___ and my brother and I could be better___46___.
When I turned fourteen,she bought me a secondhand___47___ and told me that she believed that I could become a writer.I knew her ernthusiasm,I___48___ it had alreadly improved our lives.I accepted her ___49___ and began to write for local newspapers.I was doing the same kind of___50___ that great day I went to interview Andrew Carnegie and received the task which became my life’s work later.I wasn’t the ___51___ beneficiary (受益者).My father became the ___52___ man in town.My brother and stepbrthers became a physician,a dentist,a lawyer,and a college president.
What power __53__ has!When that power is released to support the certainty of one’s purpose and is ___54___ strengthened by faith,it becomes an irresistible（不可抗拒的）force which poverty and temporary defeat can never ___55___.
You can communicate that power to anyone who needs it.This is probably the greatest work you can do with your enthusiasm.
36.A.rushed B.sent C.carried D.introduced
37.A.distinguished B.favored C.mistaken D.rewarded
38. A.sooner B.later C.longer D.earlier
39. A.dragged B.shook C.raised D.bent
40. A.perfect B.right C.wrong D.impolite
41. A.but B.so C.and D.or
42. A.ageement B.friendship C.gap D.relationship
43. A.opinion B.image C.espectation D.mind
44. A.begged B.persuaded C.ordered D.invited
45. A.successful B.meaningful C.helpful D.useful
46. A.treared B.entertained C.educated D.respected
47. A.cemera B.radio C.bicycle D.typewriter
48. A.considered B.suspected C.ignored D.appreciated
49. A.belief B.request C.criticism D.description
50. A.teahing B.writing C.studying D.reading
51. A.next B.same C.only D.real
52. A.cleverest B.wealthiest C.strongest D.bealthiest
53. A.ebthusiasm B.sympathy C.fortune D.confidence
54. A.deliberately B.happily C.traditionally D.constantly
55. A.win B.match C.reach D.doubt
答案： 35--40 DABCC 41--45 ABDBA 46--50 CDDAB 51-55 CBADB 【已有很多网友发表了看法，点击参与讨论】【对英语不懂，点击提问】【英语论坛】【返回首页】